Strengthening the church, educating the next generation, and empowering the community in the name of Jesus Christ.
Haven of Hope Global Ministries is a Christian organization dedicated to offering hope and initiating change in impoverished communities. Working with local partners in Zambia and Uganda, we intentionally serve the poor, orphaned, and vulnerable, addressing both their spiritual and physical needs.
We believe in the dignity of those we serve and strive to empower them to reach their full potential. By supporting the education and discipleship of orphaned and vulnerable children, we aim to raise up leaders who will serve as change makers and lights for Christ in their countries and communities.
In all things, we desire to glorify our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We love others because He first loved us, serve others in obedience to Him, and endeavor to make Him known through the sharing of the Gospel and the strengthening of His church. It is our prayer that lives might be transformed, hope restored, and communities changed through relationship with Him.
Where We Work
Haven of Hope Global Ministries is based in State College, Pennsylvania, where it began as a ministry of State College Christian Church in 2007. Now a nonprofit organization, we are blessed by the ongoing partnership of individuals, churches, and schools in Pennsylvania and around the United States.
Haven of Hope has served in Zambia since 2007, conducting seminars for church leaders and supporting two Christian schools serving orphaned and vulnerable children in the city of Ndola and town of Luanshya. About 170 Zambian students are currently receiving an education through our child sponsorship program.
In 2016, Haven of Hope partnered with the Bugoi Community Initiatives to launch a Christian school for orphaned and vulnerable children in the village of Bugoi in rural northeastern Uganda. Our sponsorship program now serves about 175 Ugandan children, and we have been providing annual seminars for local church leaders.
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15–17).
- There is one true God, creator of all things, who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22).
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin (Matthew 1:23). He lived a sinless life (Hebrews 7:26) and, in order to restore fallen humankind, died on the Cross as a substitute for the sins of every person (1 Corinthians 15:3). He was raised from the dead (Matthew 28:6), ascended into Heaven (Acts 1:9–11), and is alive to intercede for His people (Hebrews 7:25).
- Humankind fell as a result of sin (Genesis 1:26–27, 2:17, 3:6; Romans 5:12–19).
- God offers salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. This free offer of forgiveness is only found through the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross at Calvary (Matthew 27; Mark 15; Luke 23; John 19).
- The Holy Spirit resides in the hearts of true believers and followers of Jesus Christ. This begins when one is spiritually reborn (John 3:3) and is reconciled to God and continues to live in obedience to God’s Word.
- Jesus promised that He would come again and that we are to watch for His return (1 Corinthians 15:51–52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17).
- God is the creator of life, including the unborn, and all life is precious in His sight (Psalm 139:13–14).
- God designed marriage to be between one man and one woman united in a lifelong union (Genesis 1:27; Matthew 19:4–5).
Haven of Hope Global Ministries
P.O. Box 947
State College, PA 16804
Send us a message
Haven of Hope Global Ministries, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
© 2017 by Haven of Hope Global Ministries, Inc.